SPECIAL EVENTS IN THE GASLAMP QUARTER
The Gaslamp Quarter is home to all types of fun activities. This page showcases the many annual Special Events happening each year in our fabulous entertainment district.
San Diego Film Festival - The 12th Annual San Diego Film Festival brings a spectacular mix of over 100 independent films from around the US and the world in a showcase of emerging and veteran filmmakers. For five days, the Festival becomes the annual destination for a red-carpet cinematic immersion with thousands where you'll meet Hollywood insiders, filmmakers, celebrities, other film enthusiasts and major media who gather to enjoy the hottest and latest indie film offerings in independent film. Location: Gaslamp Quarter and La Jolla. This is a San Diego Film Foundation event.
Fifth Avenue Auto Showcase - Join us for the 5th Annual Fifth Avenue Auto Showcase presented by car2go San Diego (FAAS) on Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 11:00am to 4:00pm and get up close and personal with some of the most iconic automobiles in history. This free to view event will feature 130+ high-performance automobiles along Fifth Avenue between E and K Street, ranging from the traditional classics to the lavish contemporary luxury vehicles. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature special event.
Halloween Time in Gaslamp - The Gaslamp Quarter gets into the ghoulish spirit when the witching hour is upon us throughout October. Frights, delights, shrieks and shivers abound when The Haunted Hotel opens its ghastly gates to guests, when the Gaslamp Museum's ghostly tours are hosted and with themed parties in the Gaslamp Quarter.
- After several years of hosting the Lamplighter Awards, Dinner and Auction, we have decided to take the event back to its roots with a VIP cocktail party for the Gaslamp Quarter’s elite. This year’s Lamplighter Awards will be a night to remember! Join us high above America's finest city at RoofTop600 at Andaz San Diego on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 as we show appreciation to the people that make our neighborhood so incredible. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature event.
- This annual Historic Children's Street Faire falls on the Sunday that ends daylight savings time. Come enjoy the world’s only festival that celebrates history by “falling back” in time. Tons of young children’s activities, entertainment, food, demonstrations and lots of family fun. FREE Entry/some activities have small fee. Location: 4th Ave & Island Ave. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation special event. Info (619) 233–5008.
- San Diego pets and owners are invited to dress up in their favorite costumes for a special promenade throughout the Gaslamp Quarter to celebrate the holiday season. You can only imagine the fun and excitement as downtown became filled with costumed pets & their handlers all vying for prizes and bragging rights including Best Costumed Duo, Cutest Critter, Best Pet Costume & Best in Show. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature special event.
- If you are in downtown San Diego on Fat Tuesday you are required to Party Mardi Gras ~ Gaslamp style. Our outdoor celebration is a completely fabulous block party with an emphasis on world-class entertainment featuring an electrifying talent lineup ranging from local, regional and national zydeco, blues and rock bands, electronic and progressive house music DJs, dance crews, acrobats and visual artists is hosted on four captivating stages and within our many great bars, restaurants & lounges. This event goes on rain or shine. Ticketed event/21 and up only. Proceeds benefit GQA (Gaslamp Quarter Association). Mardi Gras (or Carnivale) is on a different day each year based on the Christian season of Lent.
We always celebrate on the true date of Fat Tuesday.
- March 17th brings the luckiest block party in the Gaslamp Quarter. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the ultimate block party. With over 40,000 square foot Astroturf, they literally turn the streets green. Ticketed event/21 and up only. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation special event.
- Gaslamp Quarter's annual locals’ golf tourney is held at beautiful Riverwalk Golf Club in early May each year. This fun "friend-raiser" features food and beverages out on the links with great treats, contests and prizes. It is truly a great day out on the greens. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature event.
Gaslamp Music & Art Festival -From smooth beats to funky scats, the Gaslamp Music & Art Festival will celebrate live music on Memorial Day weekend. Various Gaslamp Quarter businesses, along with the Gaslamp Quarter Association (GQA), are pleased to announce the return of the 3rd Annual Gaslamp Music & Art Festival on Saturday, May 24, 2014 from 11:00am to 9:00pm. This electrifying program will feature live entertainment, dining and interactive art demonstrations hosted at several venues throughout the Gaslamp Quarter. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature event.
- The Gaslamp Quarter Association hosts a great food sampling event each year showcasing our Chefs & World Class Restaurants. This fantastic and delicious event provides an opportunity to test out many locations in one afternoon. This is a Gaslamp Quarter Association signature event.
PARKING HOLIDAYS : There is no parking meter enforcement on Sundays, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day (subject to changes in San Diego Municipal Code)
For complete details and updates visit www.gaslamp.org
This list showcases the primary Special Events happening each year, in and around the Gaslamp Quarter. For more information on any of these events please call us at (619) 233-5227 - to download CLICK HERE
Find more new events & Seasonal happenings on our Gaslamp Insider Blog - CLICK HERE